Monday, March 15, 2010

More on Ancient Musings

Howdy everyone! I’m a little behind this week regarding this next short-story contest, but I hope to have something up for your guys in the next couple of days. I won’t blame my postponement on the Spring Forward Time change this weekend, but I do find it crazy just how often the well laid plans I make for my two-days off often get funneled in entirely unexpected directions. But I’m sure most of your lives can boast plenty of craziness as well!


Each week I like to highlight the work of my fellow writers and their blogs in the community. Last week I gave you some introductory information from Meghan Sullivan regarding her strides in the realm of historical fiction. Below I’ve posted a spiel specially prepared by Meghan for everyone following this blog. In addition to my weekly contests, look for more stories on other fiction and non-fiction authors in the coming weeks ahead. In the meantime checkout Ancient Musings, and any of the other cool writer’s links I’ve posted on the right-hand side of this blog. Thanks!



Hello Everyone! I won't take too much of your time since you're here to enjoy Mark's adventures in writing. I just wanted to let you know a little about who I am and what I do.

By day, I'm a mild mannered database editor at IGN, but by night I'm a fierce historical fiction writer! My current work focuses on the life and times of Themistocles, a man you may never heard of but to whom you owe your freedom. You see, Themistocles was the naval commander who saved Athens and its fledgling democracy from a massive invasion by the Persians some 2,500 years ago. Now I know that many of you think that Ancient Greece is a tedious subject, but I guarantee you this man had a VERY exciting life. He witnessed the birth of democracy, built a navy from the ground up, tricked his allies and his enemies into doing whatever he wanted, and finally was hunted down like a wanted criminal at the end of his life. If nothing else, you certainly won't be bored while reading about Themistocles! So if this peeks your interest at all, check out my blog Ancient Musings and let me know what you think. --Meghan Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment