Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Home Gardening



It’s that time of year again! Are you ready to start your spring garden? Time to plant tomatoes and lettuce for those summer salads.

Last weekend I started planting my garden, with much needed help in labor from friends. Every year getting the garden going invigorates me, to write, to get outside and go hiking, and just to enjoy watching my plants grow. I love growing food, so my crop this year will include corn, pumpkins, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, strawberries, grapes, and just for kicks a little patch of wheat. You don’t need a big yard to grow enough to feed the family for the summer.

What are you planting in your garden this year? Maybe you have a little window box full of herbs? Or perhaps you just like getting out and enjoying nature’s wildflowers? How’s your spring shaping up?