Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Survived!


I’m back from the 150th anniversary reenactment at Gettysburg, and very glad to be amongst the living! I had a great time participating with the other 15,000+ reenactors as tens of thousands of spectators watched us recreated the three day battle that changed our nation’s history. I also had some time to tour the actual battlefield itself as well, which was great.

Our reenactment was only a few miles away from the town of Gettysburg, so visitors could hear us and we often drew large crowds to our battle scenes. The experience of marching alongside thousands of fellow reenactors from all across the country and the world really made it feel like we were part of a real army back in 1863. Needless to say, I’m also glad to return home after a week of smoke, bugs, and sore feet. But my fond memories of this weekend will last a lifetime.

As the 4th of July approaches, what will you be doing with your summer weekend? Gearing up for BBQs? Hanging out with family and friends? How do you celebrate summertime?