Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Putting Your Dreams To Work


How do you utilize your sleeping hours? Do you ever use your dreams at night to get things done? Maybe you solve a problem or ruminate on something you’ve been thinking about?

I’ve noticed lately that I continue to dream about books I’m working on. Sometimes I’ll even come up with great plot elements in my sleep and later incorporate them into my writing when I’m awake. At first I thought this odd behavior until I looked online and learned that people all over the world from artists to mathematicians use their sleeping hours (their dreamtime) to help find solutions to whatever they’re working on in their waking hours.

So how can you better utilize your sleeping/dreaming hours? Do you ever get inspiration from a dream? How do you get in touch with your creative unconscious side?