Thursday, October 3, 2013

Insecure Writers’ Post


So I’ve been really lax about doing my Insecure Writers’ Group posts lately. But honestly, it’s for a semi-good reason. I really haven’t felt that insecure about my writing for quite a while now.

Sure, we all have our up and down days, but I’m writing and happy to be writing for writing’s sake. Becoming a dad over the last year has been a pretty big change in my life and it’s centered me on what’s important. Most of the things I was once insecure about I simply realized was just ego. I write because it makes me happy and I have a good story to tell. It’s that simple. I guess that’s the point of this post for my fellow bloggers. Keep it simple and keep yourself happyJ

So what about writing makes you feel “secure” and happy? Go back to those moments that first made you want to be a writer…what were they? And, if you still feel insecure, send me whatever you're writing and I’d be happy to read it…there’s nothing like having a dedicated reader to make a writer feel all warm and confident inside. Remember, this is supposed to be fun!