Tuesday, July 29, 2014

1,000 Books Read!

Today, I’m officially one-tenth of the way toward my goal of reading 10,000 books in my lifetime. That’s right, thus far I’ve read 1,000 books…and counting. Needless to say, I’ve got a long, long way to go, but it’s still a milestone nonetheless.

Of course, quality matters over quantity, and I frequently reread my favorite novels every summer. However, thanks to Goodreads, I’ve been able to keep track of all my read books over the years. Now if only they would let me go over that pesky 5,000 friend-limit, then Goodreads would be awesome…but that’s another discussion altogether. But look at the bright side, so long as I read 3-4 books per week for the next four to six decades, I’ve got a shot of hitting my goal, slim though it may seem. 

So what are you reading right now? What books do you hope to tackle this year? 


No comments:

Post a Comment