Anyhow, here's some of my half-baked ideas so far...at least for red wines...
1. Cabernet Sauvignon lets you bring out the angst with Grapes of Wrath, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and The Hunger Games.
2. Chianti will allow you to savor romance and intrigue with the Alexandrian Quartet, Shakespeare, Arthurian, and even The Godfather.
3. Zinfandel for adventure with books like Treasure Island and anything by George R. R. Martin.
4. Pinot Noir for the more esoteric, and also what I like to call "dark wine mysteries," like anything by Agatha Christie or Ian Fleming or even The Great Gatsby.
5. Malbec works best with "for fun" reads like the Harry Potter series or Dune.
Anyhow, it's a work in progress, but I figured I'd share my wine and book pairing thoughts. Which wine and book pairings work best for you?