Thursday, October 11, 2012

Giants Do the Impossible

 

Well, I know it’s been a while, but I’m pretty stoked about today’s post. My home team, the SF Giants, won the final game in their series to advance further into the playoffs! Drinks are on me!

Never before has a team come back from an 0-2 hole in a five game series and come back to win by sweeping their opponents on the road.  To top it off, Buster Posey hit a Grand Slam and will undoubtedly be MVP for the league. In addition, our other Bay Area team, the A’s are poised to try and do the same thing tonight in their game against Detroit.

Needless to say, I’m still happily in the throes of writing, but between a busy work schedule and doing some house remodeling things have been a bit hectic. I must admit, this big win by my favorite team of my favorite sport has given me that extra boost of inspiration to push through the week. So what great things give you a boost when you need it?

9 comments:

  1. Just caught that in the sports news tonight - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. That's so awesome for you. I remember years ago when my NBA team made it to the finals twice. Of course, they got spanked in both series, but it was great getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun when you home team is winning.

    Unfortunately, my home teams are The Rockies and The Broncos. Enough said. :(

    But I can root for the Giants I suppose, since they did something no other team has done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I'm inspired by a team of hard-working men. :) Happy writing, Marc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its great that your favourite team's victory is inspiring you. I will hold you on to the drinks part (you can treat me when we meet :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't followed baseball in a long time, but it's cool to see the Giants making strides. Or, in this case, swings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. chocolate gives me a boost ;)
    Congrats to your team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading a good book gives me a good boost. Also listening to music or taking a walk. Then I feel ready to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good book! That's the best I've heard yet. I'm the same in that respect, but forgot to mention it:)

    ReplyDelete