Friday, June 21, 2013

The Summer Solstice!


Ready for the first day of summer? Prepping for BBQs, outdoor activities, or maybe fireworks? Or perhaps you’re more into the spiritual side of the solstice as observed in cultures around the globe.

Today is officially the first day of summer and the longest day of the year! In places like Stonehenge and New Grange the sun rises and casts light through these structures in mystic ways intended by the ancients. I myself will probably be relaxing in my backyard garden and hanging out with friends. I’ve been a bit lax with my blogging lately due to a new job and hanging out with my six-month-old son, but I’m hoping to get back into the groove of posting regularly again now that summer has begun.

What are you doing with your longest day of the year? Or if you’re in the Southern hemisphere, what do you do with your shortest day of the year? Any summer activities on your to-do list?