Friday, May 28, 2010

Not-So-Serious Fridays

--> -->

Hey all. I decided to take a break from posting story chapters on Fridays and have opted instead to try new approach to breaking into the weekend. Most days I post articles about books, writing, and other things in the news that relate, but I figured that this Friday I’d take a time out from all the intensive, critical thinking I usually indulge in and instead just have some fun. Hence, my first “Not-So-Serious Friday.” Below I’ve posted my No-So-Serious Friday quiz of the week, in which you can compare your favorite characters from literature and pop culture. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your three-day weekend!


Not-So-Serious Pop Quiz



  1. Which vehicle would be your ideal ride?
    1. The Dolorian from Back to the Future – Late for work…I don’t think so.
    2. The Millennium Falcon – She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts.
    3. Shadowfax – One horsepower and can cross Middle Earth in a single chapter.
    4. That really fast snail from Never Ending Story – It’s a fast snail…come on!

  1. What setting in a book would you most want to visit?
    1. Willy Wonka’s Factory – Just avoid the edible lawn darts.
    2. Munchkin City in Wizard of Oz – Be the tallest in town.
    3. Utopia – Try perfection, just for a day.
    4. Mars – Breathing optional.

  1. Your ideal sidekick would be?
    1. Chewbacca – Who needs a gun when you’ve got a wookie?
    2. The Seven Dwarves – Strength in numbers.
    3. Odo the Shape-shifter – Handy getting into places and also can be used as a table.
    4. Long John Silver – Good with a knife, but easy to outrun.