Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Weekend in SLO

I just finished this last weekend in California’s sunny San Luis Obispo. A great town for relaxing and of course, perusing books. I paid several visits to the local independent bookstore, Phoenix Books. Definitely a must-see for those book-lovers out there. Wall to wall hardbacks and paperbacks of every variety and make line Phoenix’s extensive shelves.

My wife and I had a good time getting back to basics: walking the streets, eating out, and going to the beach. My wife wasn’t feeling too well (she had a cough and sore throat), but after a few days of taking it easy I think the rest helped her improve. We didn’t visit any friends in town (we didn’t want to get anyone sick), but we were kind of in the mood to do lots of nothing. If you haven’t been to SLO you owe yourself the experience of chilling in a place with no worries, where everyone is super friendly and enjoys the SLO life!

I’m super swamped this week with work and whatnot, so my blog posts may be a bit more spotty than usual for a while. But stay tuned as I’m hoping to have some more exciting articles for you guys in the coming days ahead. In the meantime, take it easy and enjoy your short-week!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place to visit. I hope that Laurel feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, she's improving, but refuses to take anymore cough drops...it's hard to argue with a pretty woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SLO is a pretty cool place but I prefer Santa Barbara myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa Barbara also rocks, my sister went to university there:)

    ReplyDelete