Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Left Field Laws

-->
This seems to be my week for praising other blogs, but there’s a lot of good stuff worth checking out on the web. Today, I’d like to shed some light on a new blog a friend of mine has dedicated to his (and my) favorite sports team ever…the San Francisco Giants. My friend, Lawrence Ma, works as a lawyer in downtown San Francisco and decided to combine a flair for law and his passion for baseball in the title. His blog, Left Field Laws, chronicles the ongoing saga of the Giants’ baseball team and their exciting underdog struggle to get to the top of the heap in the National League West.

Although I usually write about more literary topics, I consider baseball worthy of art for all of its heart and its inherent inspirational qualities. It’s not just what types of pitches a pitcher throws, but how he does it that makes him stand out. It’s not just how many homeruns a hitter gets, but how he gets the crowd amped up in the bottom of the ninth. A healthy mix of individualism and teamwork, baseball remains the American pastime. What I particularly enjoy about Lawrence’s blog is that he emphasizes all aspects of the game, from statistics to sportsmanship to…who is the cutest (some of his posts tend to be geared toward more female fans). Nonetheless, there’s something for everyone when it comes to the Giants.

So checkout his site and see how the Giants are faring this baseball season. I’ve posted a link to his blog on the right-hand side of this page as well. I’ll be there, putting in my two cents on all the latest happenings Lawrence has posted. The Giants have a really great team this year, full of both talent and heart. If I don’t see you on his blog, hopefully I’ll catch you at the ballpark. Enjoy!  


3 comments:

  1. haha thanks for the plug mark, I appreciate it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob man:) I look forward to your next post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, for those of you interested, the orange uniform in the picture isn't the normal Giants uniform...just their Friday night rally jersey. They still don the gray and cream as usual:)

    ReplyDelete