Friday, June 4, 2010

U2 Out of Commission

-->
Well, my favorite band in the world has recently had a mild setback. Bono, the lead singer from U2, injured his back on tour in Europe and had to have immediate surgery after the show. As a result the entire American leg of the tour has been postponed until next year. In addition to obviously feeling sorrow for my favorite band, I also had planned to see them live in Oakland with my wife in just a few weeks!

Fortunately, Bono will recover and my tickets for the show should still be valid…wherever and whenever the rock venue ends up being. Nonetheless, my wife and I had bought the tickets for one another as a Christmas gift and with only a couple weeks to go we were pretty jazzed to see Bono, the Edge, Adam, and Larry onstage. Now, unfortunately, we’ll have to wait another year or so until we can see the awesomeness of U2 again. I haven’t seen U2 live since their Elevation Tour in 2001 so I can’t wait to see them in the flesh again. My last U2 concert was also memorable because I actually got to meet the Edge, and he signed my jacket. I later cut out the signature from that old jacket and still have it mounted on my wall. Aside from being an awesome guitarist he was also a really, really nice guy!

So, as the weekend arrives keep Bono in your thoughts and prayers as the sooner he heals up, the sooner U2 can fill their airwaves with their new albums and the sooner their unrivaled live show will take the road once more. Take it easy this weekend, and keep rocking. 

1 comment:

  1. If anyone hears definitive tour dates for next year, let me know. U2's manager has yet to issue any news on their revised 2011 schedule.

    ReplyDelete