Friday, August 19, 2011

How Many Books Do You Read a Week?



It's Friday, the weekend, which means time to catch up on all that pleasure reading, right? Ever go crazy, gobbling up as many tomes and novels as you can on your couple days off? Or perhaps you go on reading straight through the week just to get it all crammed into your busy schedule?

It's no surprise that most of us love reading, but with so many zillions of books out there it can be daunting trying to tackle all the great works in bookstores and libraries. I've always liked to read, but not until I met my wife during college did I learn what it really meant to be passionate about reading. She averages a book a day and has as long as I've known her. No joke!

I feel pretty good if I get two or three books read per week, but at that rate I'll probably only have read about ten thousand books by the time I'm in my eighties. Not all books are equal of course and rereading is a favorite pastime of mine as well, so how can anyone possibly get all the reading in we want? Perhaps, it's a good thing that we'll never run out of books, but how do you get all your reading in each week?