Friday, November 4, 2011

Mini NanoWrite



Don’t quite have the time to churn out 50,000 words this month for NanoWriMo? Or maybe the inspiration train hasn’t been stopping as frequently at your station? So what’s a writer to do?

Between work, weddings, birthdays, etc. this month I knew I wouldn’t have the time to pen 50,000 words by the end of November, but I still wanted to challenge myself despite the time constraints. So I’ve resolved to partake in my own mini NanoWrite, where instead of producing the full 50,000 word count I’m going to shoot for half or 25,000 words by midnight on November 30th. Still no piece of cake, but more than enough to keep me occupied.

So what types of compromises do you work out with yourself when trying to maintain your daily/weekly word counts? Obviously content counts for more than quantity, but about how many words do you usually set for your personal goals throughout the year? And how much exactly do you plan to write this November?