Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NanoWriMo Update



How are your NanoWriMo goals shaping up this month? Halfway through November and still wondering where all the time went? Are you still on track or do you have some catching up to do?

Needless to say, I’m very glad that I opted to do a mini or partial NanoWriMo of 25,000 words instead of 50,000 for the month. I’m approximately halfway toward my goal of penning 25,000 words for the month of November, and although it hasn’t all been for one project, between my short-stories and large manuscript projects, I’m still well over 10,000 words and counting. The key ingredient for me is keeping it fun and trying not to approach it as work, but as something fun to do.

Have you readjusted your NanoWri goals or are you still planning on finishing in time? Do you tend to do better at the beginning of the month or do you gain speed as it progresses? What have you already learned from this year’s NanoWriMo that you could improve upon or what has worked really well for you in your writing schedule?