Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Rereading


Ever like to reread some of your favorite books? Maybe you find new meaning in a story you thought you already knew? Or perhaps you just enjoy the comfort of a book that you know ends well?

In the summertime, I like to reread books I haven’t touched in a while. Most of the year I’m conquering one novel after another, but it’s fun to just enjoy reading a story that I know I’ll really like. Lately, I revisited books on ancient Rome, 19th century New England, and now I’m reviewing some Celtic myth in the Mabinogion. Hey, it may not be everybody’s cup of tea, but I dig itJ

 So what are your favorite books to reread? Any novels that remind you of summertime? If you could only take a few books with you during your stay on a deserted island, which would you bring (and survival books don’t count)?