Monday, September 30, 2013

Trip to Portland


I just got back from a quick trip to Portland. We had a lot of firsts this trip: first time going to Portland, first time my nine-month-old son flew on the airplane, and the first time I got to visit the famous Powell’s bookstore!

Thankfully, my little boy did great on the plane and also handled the rainy weather quite well. Definitely a born traveler. We hit up many sights in town, namely the Chinese Gardens, the Voodoo Donuts shop (even though I don’t eat donuts), and the gigantic Powell’s bookstore. Powell’s definitely had a huge volume of material and I came away with a few more books to add to my ever-growing reading list.

So what books are you reading currently? Which are your favorite bookstores to visit? Do you have some favorites you like to read this time of year?