Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Longest Waits

A funny thing happened the other day. I received a letter from an agent I’d met at a writer’s conference nearly a year ago. It turned out to be a standard “we liked your work, but we’re sorry we can’t take on any new clients at this time…” etc. etc.

I didn’t even remember the agent. I’ve waited days, weeks, and months to hear back from agents and editors before, but I think a year is about the longest delay I’ve ever had to a query. But it’s all part of the game, and the reason why I always have multiple submissions out at the same time.

One of the self-mocking contests I’ve enjoyed with other writers is comparing our most sincere rejection letters. They can be astonishingly nice and even funny. So, to my fellow writers out there…what’s the longest you’ve ever waited to hear back from an agent/editor before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment