Thursday, January 5, 2012

Insecure Writer’s Day




Do you have any queries from your latest book circulating with agents? Ever have to wait a couple months to hear back from an interested agent? Anybody still waiting?

I’m still waiting on three agents who have partials or full manuscripts of my historical novel The Long Defeat (learn more about my book here). A fourth agent with a partial replied back with a kind, personalized rejection letter, and even though I respect their decision, it doesn’t make the process any more enjoyable. I’ve pinged the other agents still reviewing my manuscript who have replied that they need more time to review my work.

Do the seemingly endless rounds of queries make anybody else sigh? Do the hours feel like years and the days like decades when you’re waiting to hear back from an agent? How do you keep optimistic despite the odds?