Friday, September 3, 2010

Haiku and Hiatus

-->

Hey all, today I have two topics to post about. The first regards Stephanie Thorton’s haiku contest, which requires participants to post their haikus on their blogs. Secondly, I will be taking a little break from blogging for the next week or two, I’ll explain later. But fear not! I’ll be very much ready to roll with upcoming events on my blog, such as my continued saga with trying to get literary agents to say “yes” to my novel as well as other writing and book related themes.

So have a good weekend and tune back in to my blog in another week or two. In the meantime, here are two of my haikus for the contest. I’m not big on following rules to the letter, but these poems are haiku enough for me. Tread lightly, I’m much more novelist now rather than poet, but it’s been fun trying nonetheless.
 


Autumnal woodlands
Champagne tree tops and wine stains
Upon the bone moon 



Sunshine on a pond
Like tree rings, wet reflections
Drift over the water





14 comments:

  1. You draw powerful word pictures. 'wine stains upon a bone moon' is so vivid. Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia is right, these are stunning. I'm awed. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More autumnal haiku - that seems to be a common theme today. These are fantastic, especially the first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the description of the moon in the first one--oh, lovely. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haiku! ;-)

    all my very best

    Alan
    2010 With Words Haiku Competition: weblink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - you paint a vivid picture with your words - lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like these. "Champagne tree tops" was my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely, so very vivid and expressive! The imagery in the first one is magnificent :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First one is my fave and followed the 5-7-5 rules. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Thanks for all the terrific feedback everyone:) I've been enjoying your poetry as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "wine stains upon bone moon" is really exquisite- I love these!

    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Good luck. Hope everything goes well on your hunt for an agent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Haiku are inspired! Absolutely wonderful! Hope your break is a good one and you achieve what you're aiming at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for visiting my blog
    these 2 haikus are very soothing

    ReplyDelete