Monday, April 11, 2011

Caribbean Cruise



I just got back from my first ever Caribbean Cruise! You may have wondered why I haven't updated my blog lately or comment on yours...and now you know. During my week off I strictly kept away from all computers, phones, etc as per my wife's orders.

We flew Virgin America to Florida to catch the boat, and if you haven't taken that airline I suggest you try it. They've got great prices and a staff with a quirky sense of humor. From Cape Canaveral my wife and I shipped out aboard a Royal Caribbean vessel known as Freedom of the Seas.

The ship has interactive screens in the hallways that provide map and event info onboard ship, and the restaurants are packed with food of every variety. From our balcony we enjoyed the balmy 80-90 degree weather with the over 4000 other passengers embarking from the U.S. Our ports of call included Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Mexico. Needless to say we had a great time and I'll be daydreaming of rum and sunny beaches for many weeks to come.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Time away can be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I hope it's not too much of a rude awakening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be back, but of course I'd prefer to still be sailing;)

    ReplyDelete