Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend in Napa



Thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday on the phone, via email, and on Facebook yesterday. I totally didn’t expect it! My wife and I were away for the weekend, staying at the Silverado Resort in the Napa wine country.

My company treated us to an all expensed paid weekend for some particularly good work I’ve done for them over the last few months. And it all just happened to be on my birthday weekend. We had a suite, meals, wine tasting, massage, and more all complimentary. Needless to say, it was pretty sweet.

I’m not used to such nice things, but it was great having a weekend to relax and enjoy the important things in life: spending time together, being outdoors, reading, and of course drinking wine. We even saw members of the country-rock group the Zack Brown Band as they too were staying at the resort. Overall, we had a great time and will probably keep living off memories from this weekend to help get us through the work week. 


1 comment:

  1. Forgot to mention, wine was good but expensive (glad I wasn't paying for it)...

    ReplyDelete