Friday, August 20, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

It’s Friday! Which means the weekend and hanging out and movies and no work (hopefully). Last weekend I saw the new film Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and if you haven’t seen this film yet, this weekend is your turn to go and check it out. Now, I will warn you, it may take a bit for you to get the kind of humor in this film, but if you give it a chance I promise you won’t be disappointed.

When I saw it, I admit that for the first twenty minutes or so I wasn’t quiet sure what to make of it. But its mixture of comedy and creativeness really shines through as the film progresses. What I particularly found intriguing about this movie was its creativity, both cinematically and in terms of its revolutionary script. Like the Matrix, I can’t quiet explain to you what this movie is about…you simply have to go see it for yourself.

Definitely more geared towards couples and movie nights with friends, I would suggest this for anyone who likes pushing the boundaries of film, but also likes to just watch something fun and have a good time. Mainly, I want you to go see this film just to swap jokes with you from the movie (I’d do it now, but I don’t want to spoil anything for you). So if you haven’t seen this cool new flick head out to the theatres tonight or this weekend and let it put a smile on your face. Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. I had a mixed reaction to the trailer when I saw it a few months back. Kinda looked interesting, kinda looked weird. It's good to know that you liked it. I think I'm going to Netflix this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's def not for everyone, and it's def not the greatest movie ever by a long shot, but I was intrigued because it's def not like anything else I've veer seen before:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I took me girlfriend to see the midnight showing. It was there that I fell in lesbians with her!

    ReplyDelete