Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Summer Reading

Summer’s almost here and I’m working on my summer reading list. I generally like to reread some of my favorite novels over the summer, in addition to new works. I’ve already started on a few.

Old Favorites I’m Rereading

- Edgar Allen Poe – short stories like The Gold Bug and The Purloined Letter.

- Hawaiian Mythology – I have a collection of these legends I intend to reread again.

- Alexandre Dumas – The Three Musketeers, because I’ll always love Dumas’ work.


New Favorites I’m Reading

- Agatha Christie – Poirot mysteries, such as Dumb Witness and
Appointment with Death.

- Dashiell Hammett – his noir mysteries, pretty much any of the few I haven’t read yet.

- Maybe some more Lawrence Block, specially his Scudder mysteries (if I haven’t read them all).

Yeah, I guess I’m on a bit of a detective noir kick at the moment, but hey, even a “dark” summer can be a fun one.


How about you? What types of books are you looking forward to perusing this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment