Monday, October 3, 2011

Fan Fiction



Ever like a story so much you wish you could walk around in it? Maybe you’ve wished to journey to Middle Earth or see what the planets are like in Star Wars? Not to be a specific character, but to be yourself only living in a fictional universe?

I’ve been having a bit of fun writing short fan fiction pieces for my friends lately where I insert a few of them into a world of their choice, i.e. Star Trek or A Game of Thrones and put them on a little adventure. It’s all silly and nonsense really, but I’ve found that it’s a lot of fun and the best way to get myself a passport to visit the Shire or ride on the Enterprise. Fan fiction totally isn’t my norm, but it’s been a kind of fun experiment over the past week.

So have any of you tried your hand at fan fiction? What imagined worlds would you like to vacation in if you could? Anyone you’d like to bring along with you?