Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Somebody That I Used To Know



Ever get a great new song stuck in your head? Humming it everywhere you go? And it’s got a cool video to boot?

I know this is probably old news to folks in Australia, New Zealand, and Europe, but in the States this song by singer/songwriter Gotye (featuring Kimbra) is starting to get a lot of airplay. If you don’t know what I’m talking about (or even if you do) check out Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know.” The song is spectacular and although the video starts off a bit odd, trust me it gets a whole lot better.

What songs are buzzing through your head this week (probably Christmas ones I’m guessing)? What are some of your favorite contemporary music artists? And how do you feel songwriting compares and contrasts with other forms of authorship, such as poetry, novels, and plays?