Monday, June 27, 2011

Reading Multiple Books at Once


Do you ever find yourself confronted with having to choose between reading an old favorite or a new bestseller? Perhaps you don’t have much time in your day, but you have a list of a dozen more books you’d like to read. Well, if you’re anything like me, you prefer just to go for it and read all of them. 

Sometimes I like to read books one at a time, but other times I’ll read two or three different ones on any given day. After all there’s just so much out there, I often think that I’ll never get through enough of the great stories I want to jump into if I don’t tackle them a few at a time. I also find it a great way to revisit old favorites while still enjoying new novels. 

At the moment I’m reading three books: one historical fiction, one sci-fi, and another non-fiction. So what do you do when confronted with so many delectable reading choices in your busy schedule? Do you prefer to imbibe one book at a time or do you make exceptions for perusing more than one good read a day?