Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Reread it...Are You Serious?

Ever read a book for the first time, then reread it when you're older and get a completely different take on the story? Ever get to the end of a book and feel sad that you finished it? Ever flip right back to the beginning and start reading it again?

If so, then you're a chronic re-reader and I'd like to help encourage the habit. Riffing off our discussions this week regarding summer reading, I love to reread my favorite novels over the summertime and reconnect with writers and stories that inspired me before. Whether I reread Tolkien or Shakespeare or Marion Zimmer Bradley, each time I gain new insights and discover new elements of the characters that I had no idea existed before.

So, how about it? If you could pick only one or two memorable books to reread this summer what would they be? What author's world would you most like to immerse yourself in time and again?